Thursday, August 2, 2012

as a matter of fact Make Your popular cafeteria Recipes

#1. as a matter of fact Make Your popular cafeteria Recipes

as a matter of fact Make Your popular cafeteria Recipes

I love cooking. The process of creating my very own masterpiece and presenting to habitancy that will appreciate it (by gobbling it down) gives me great satisfaction. I like to watch the surprise on their faces when I present them with the discrete courses. I get my boosts by the compliments and and the smiles.

as a matter of fact Make Your popular cafeteria Recipes

It's not always like that. There have been the failures and the polite consumption of them. You see, I don't have a natural talent for cooking. I can, however, read and effect a recipe. In the beginning, I stuck to the basics: Meatloaf, Grilled Steak, Baked Chicken and others. Luckily, most of the recipes I found were all top notch. There have been a few stinkers, but most of the time my guests commented on the "Restaurant Feel" of the dinners. It was like going out to supper at my house!

Then I started doing some more research. I opinion to myself, "When I go out do dinner, what are some of the things that I like most? Why do I pick one bistro over another?" The rejoinder was obvious. I pick which restaurants I go out to based on inevitable dishes they offer and what my hankering is at that moment.

If I want to eat non-stop salad and have three orders of Sicilian Scampi, I head on over to The Olive Garden. If I want slabs of red meat and the awesomeness that is a Bloomin' Onion, my destination would be The Outback Steakhouse. Considering the mental for going out to eat, I put together a list of dishes that I liked most from my popular restaurants. I hit the internet and tried to find these underground bistro recipes.

But, alas, my crusade was futile. I would find some that were close, but they were cheap imitations of the bistro recipes used at my popular dining establishments. None of them captured the capability and flare of the bistro offerings.

Then I hit gold.

Now, when I invite friends over for supper amazed. Everyone's popular bistro recipes are prepared and presented with flare. Don't go to The Olive garden for Sicilian Scampi. Make it yourself!


Sicilian Scampi

6 pieces fan tail shrimp (uncooked) 1/8 cup olive oil 1 tablespoon onion, finely diced 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic 1/2 cup white wine (Chablis) 1 tablespoon flour (mix with 1 tablespoon water) 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt 1/2 cup heavy cream 1/4 to 1/3 cup water (only if needed if sauce is too thick) 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon asiago cheese, finely shredded 1 tablespoon Romano cheese, finely shredded

Heat olive oil in a pan and add wine and lemon juice. When the combination begins to boil add the shrimp and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning the shrimp once while cooking.

Remove the shrimp and add onion and garlic salt to the cooking mixture. Saute until the onions are transparent then add flour and water mixture. When the sauce starts to thicken add cream and cheese and stir with a whisk until consistent.

To serve, place Italian bread on a serving tray and top each piece with a piece of cooked shrimp. Use a large spoon to place sauce on the middle of each piece. Sprinkle each with sliced green onions, olives, tomatoes, crushed red pepper and Parmesan.

What about a Bloomin' Onion? We don't go to The Outback anymore, we have them on our snack tray for Sunday football!


Bloomin' Onion

1/3 cup cornstarch 1 1/2 cups flour 2 teaspoons Garlic; mince 2 teaspoons Paprika 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon pepper 24 oz beer 4 Large Sweet-Onions 2 cups flour 4 teaspoons paprika 2 teaspoons garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon pepper 1/4 teaspoon cayenne

To make the seasoned flour, merge flour, paprika, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne in a large bowl and mix well.

To make the chili sauce, merge mayo, chili sauce, sour cream and cayenne and stir till smooth and consistent.

Slice the onion into 16 vertical wedges without cutting all the way through. After cutting the onion remove about 1 inch from the core, or center.

Dip the onion into the egg wash and then into the flour mixture. Do this twice to coat the onion thoroughly.

In a fryer basked, deep fry the onion for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.

share the Facebook Twitter Like Tweet. Can you share go here as a matter of fact Make Your popular cafeteria Recipes.


No comments:

Post a Comment